Friday, December 28, 2007

shopping hell

I only ventured out of the house on one occasion to do some Christmas shopping. Otherwise I bought online or at work. However my sister wanted wine glasses, and though I tried to shop online but I just wasn't finding what I wanted. Here's where the problem starts. See I have what I consider to be fun wine glasses. What makes them fun is that they are different from what everyone else has. I bought them individually not in a set, so of course I thought my sister should have fun wine glasses too. I was then on a mission to find the perfect wine glasses. I was excited about this at first. Until I learned that I would have to walk to miles in the cold to get there (no car). Oh well I thought I bundled up and started out.
Now the walk itself seemed to take forever, but thats probably because I was on the phone, and my hand was going numb, so I wasn't really walking that fast. Anyway I went to the first store, and found nothing, same pretty much with store two through six. Now I did find some that were alright, and I might consider, but considering them was not making me very happy. Mostly what I was looking at were the exact same glasses with different names and different prices. I was starting to get crabby. No for the record I wasn't crabby to start with. After the 12 store or so I was just getting angry. The problem was I couldn't go home until I found them otherwise my sister would have no Christmas present.
The last store I went into was call Z Gallerie which at first I thought sold beds because of the Z. Like I said I was irritated and not thinking. I went inside thinking it would be like every other store I just visited, and was immediately surprised. I found very nice glasses as soon as I walked in. Then I found awesome glasses around every corner. Then I couldn't really decide on which ones to buy because I wanted them all. I did have to remember I was buying them for my sister and not me. I could decide though so I bought three different kinds which would make two different sets of four. In the end I was excited. Mostly at the thought of going back and buying myself some. I kid I kid. I was excited that she like them too.

No comments: