Saturday, May 26, 2007

There's a fucking mouse in my house.

Ok I know I have an apartment, and I've been trying for almost a week to pretend that it wasn't there. I know you wondering how one can pretend something is not there, but before last night I hadn't actually seen the stupid thing. See I guess its NOT actually in my house per say, however its seems to live in the entry way to my front door. I noticed the other day there were paper towels and a rock outside my front door that appear to have come out of the hole in the frame. Now I was pretending because I didn't stuff paper towels in there. I was trying to assume that whoever live here before me would not actually think that a viable option to fill the whole, but apparently I give them too much credit. Anyways, like I said I was pretending that it wasn't there, being that I hadn't actually seen it.
Well last night I opened up the door and turned on the light, and this little thing crawled out of the air conditioning. Then it proceeded to crawl up into a whole that I would guess goes under the stairs to the apartment above mine. Ish. I do actually have all my christmas stuff out there and now I'm not sure I will be touching any of that anytime soon. Hope it doesn't get really hot because I'm sooooo not touching the Air conditioner, which I think I might now actually be afraid of.
I really don't know what to do about the mouse becuase I don't think I can do the whole trap thing, and I'll be real honest and say that Idon't know how else to get rid of it. I mean seriously if filling the whole with paper towels didn't work I really don't know what will. On the plus side I'm happy that it was not a rat. As I was kind of freaked out at the idea of a rat being in my house. Ever since I saw this HUGE ASS rat run across the street and down the alleyway between my building and the building next to mine.
Seriously I just want a normal apartment where the only living things are people. Is that really too much to ask. You would think not but apparently it is.

4 comments:

dr gonzo said...

we'll bring benny over to sniff around for a while and you'll never see the mouse again. just the smell of "cat" will scare it away. i swear!

littlebmouse said...

Yeah well as it turns out the "mouse" which was most likely not really a mouse was about half the size of Benny. My dad loves me so he came out and fixed me up. Covered up all the holes. Apparently it wasn't there when he was here so hopefully all is well. I'm still a little afraid though. ish it was huge really.

Grace said...

hmm, well half the size of benny sounds pretty big - are you sure it wasn't like a guinea pig or something loosed from another apartment?

aren't you moving soon anyway??

10lees

Anonymous said...

was going to say, only way to shut them out, or in, is to just patch all the fucking holes they make. glad your dad handled it. nasty business...

j