Thursday, June 26, 2008

Without a mask

I have recently decided to attempt to wear contacts again. Now I know most people wear contacts because they hate wearing glasses, I on the other hand love wearing my glasses. I stopped wearing contacts about 9 to 10 years ago because my eyes always felt dry and icky. I know your thinking if one loves there glasses so much why would they get contacts. Well its all about the Benjamin's. Ok can't believe I just typed that. But it really was about money see contacts are actually much cheaper than the glasses I have. My insurance which runs out on the june 3oth only convers 150 dollars of each. Its all crazyness. Anyways I thought why the hell not.
Now I can tell you that they feel really weird, but that doesn't bother me as I feel like I look weird. Now you have to understand that I really can't see at all without my glasses. When I put makeup on my face is super close to the mirror. I told the optomistrist that I thought I looked funny, and he said sure your not hiding behing a mask anymore. I thought that kind of funny. I guess in a way very true, as me with glasses seems more like me, than the me without. Interesting or not.
I just have one more thing. Can someone please explain to me why a "contact fitting" cost extra from the actual eye exam. And really a lot more like 42 dollars, with a discount. Thats insane all he did was hand me a pair of contacts, and ask me if I still remember how to put them in. Which I do even though I had a bit more of trouble finding one of them, as I couldn't see it. ah well we shall see how it goes. On the plus side i don't need knew glasses because my eyes are that much worse. Go me.

4 comments:

mule said...

Ha Ha, even Ozzie wants to be a cub

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080627-ozzie-guillen-chicago-cubs-white-sox,1,480312.story

littlebmouse said...

You read that really badly go back and try again.

mule said...

Ha ha, nobody likes the Sux, they don't even like what they wear... ha ha stupid sux...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/080701&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

littlebmouse said...

Dude the one about baseball is right below this one. Comment accordingly. And again clearly you didn't read that one either.