Thursday, September 20, 2007

Maybe they aren't all so bad.

I worked last night with my boss. The person that I report directly too. Here's the problem in my world: One day I hate the people and One I find myself thinking maybe they aren't so bad. Don't get wrong I'm not saying these are inherently bad people. I just don't like they way they do there jobs. I'm still thinking I need to find a new job and all. I hate working at that stupid store. I'm going crazy. Its just now that I'm thinking we're all going crazy and taking it out on each other.
Now don't get me wrong the person I report to is a complete pain in the ass. She thinks she's always right, she quite arrogant, and quite sarcastic. Now you can all stifle your laughs as I'm sure your beginning to see the problem.
I know I'm this same way which is why I honestly try to give her the benefit of doubt most times, but lets all face it I'm not an easy person to deal with. I don't pretend to be. I would venture to be I'm even worse at work. Because I'm good at what I do, and I know it. So two of me in the same building is bad, two of me on the same floor trying to work together is even worse.
I've been trying hard to stick it out till I get promoted, since I'm still first on that list. However it doesn't really seem a top priority for anyone but me these days. Time to start looking for a new approach. I hate the job hunt though. but I suppose I'm going crazy anyways. well we will see.

1 comment:

dr gonzo said...

that's the best way to go... its so easy for stupid higher-ups to forget that being a peon is hard work. especially if you really are good at what you do. instead of having that talent get you places, it actually gets you ignored - you are not a problem person. you do your job, and do it well, so they dont have to pay attention to you.

i think you should shake them up a bit. look for something else - with the same company or not, it doesnt matter. once you get a nibble, go back to your bosses and dangle your potential in front of them. chances are, they'll bite too, and throw you a counter offer.