Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Maybe I don't need a (Red) Ipod

Ok so i've been thinking about my desire to have a (red) Ipod, and I still really want one, but its becoming clear that I may need a few other things more than I need the Ipod. So as you all know it is all the sudden cold as hell and it snowed lots. Well as I walked to work on day one of the snow storm I thought while walking along: hey this is way better to walk in that it was to drive in. I can enjoy the beautiy that is the snow on the very first day that it snows while walking to work. This lasted about half of the way to work when I realized that my new boots were getting ruin because all the damn slush that had yet to have been shoveled. Though my mood was definitly lighted when I saw a women in four inch heeled boots shoveling her steps. Complete with dress capris and everything. Because apparently on here would someone not actually go inside and change into something a little more snow apporiate. It was very amusing, could have been better if she would have fallen.
Ok so day after the snow storm, and I'm already crabby to start with because its cold as hell. As you've read I'm sure cold as hell outside means I pretty much don't want to get out of bed inside because my apartment is cold as hell, so now i'm also running late for work. Now this time I don't wear my boots, but just a loafer type of shoe. Which is probably one of three pairs of shoes that I can wear outside to walk in, in the snow. SO i'm trying to walk fast which is clearly not working because apparently, with the exception of the lady in the four in heels, no one likes to shovel sidewalks in this city. So naturally I fall on the last patch of ice before the train. Now besides feeling like an ass because I fell my knee hurts so bad that I can hardly walk. Then while walking home the same day I free my ass off again because I have already lost one of each of my two pairs of gloves, and I can't find my old hat and my new hat blows.
SO I guess the moral of the story here is that I need Uggs for Christmas instead of the (Red) Ipod. Just think you will be investing in my warmth. And I'm pretty sure I can fit the kids ones and those will be way cheaper.
I really want a (red) Ipod and a pair of boots for Christmas, but I don't really suppose anyone is going to buy me either one of those things. I guess I will spring for the boots eventually, and forget about the Ipod.

2 comments:

dr gonzo said...

the only problem: uggs are not waterproof.

littlebmouse said...

Some of them are. I asked people at work who have them.