Thursday, October 04, 2007

I look like a heroine addict.

As I said I my ear nose and throat doctor admitted me to the hospital. I'm sure this whole thing would have ended up cheaper if I had just gone to the emergency room in the first place, but alas who thinks a sore throat warrens this kind of behavior. I would like to mention that and the E.N.T doctor did numb my throat and stick a rather large needle in it to drain any puss that might have been back there. It was quite a good time as you might imagine. There were many tears of joy all around. Then I learned that I might have to get my tonsils removed, and was even more happy. I was having a bit of a bad day to say the least, and the worst part was my throat was seriously getting worse by the min. By the time I was checking into my room I couldn't talk at all. Which wouldn't have been so bad, but they sent like a million people from the hospital to talk to me.
First there was the lady would needed to get all my information. This was suppose to be less painful than filling out a million forms unless of course you can't talk. She was interrupted by the patience advocate lady who was kind of annoying because I'd been there all of ten min. And I didn't really know how my stay was going yet.
Once all this wonderfulness was taken care of came needle time. I don't mind the needle unless it involves digging for a vein which of course this did. First the IV the nurse blew the vein in my left wrist couldn't get the one in my left arm, so it had to go in my right arm. Which is lovely because I'm right handed and now I couldn't bend my right arm.
Then there was the blood lady. Who I couldn't talk to at all. She had a nurse that appeared to be practicing on me. Bad timing because clearly my veins were not working with them. So she started digging for the vein in my arm that the IV nurse couldn't get to work. Then it was my fault cause I moved. I was like crying the whole time, frustration running over. I wanted to scream your joking right. Your going to blame it on me when I can't talk.
Then the lovely nurse came with my drug options, Tylenol 3 , regular Tylenol, or Morphine. My aunt was visiting (because of course my grandma was in the same hospital up one floor), and she was like just go for the Morphine. This is what I did, however I was sad when it didn't help even a little bit.
Then it was time for my CAT scan. Which of course was no less than four more people trying to talk to me that I couldn't talk to. The best part was that they had to rip all the tape off my arm because my IV was kinked. Because nothing is normal for me. When I got back to my room they started pumping me full of IV antibiotics and steroids. It was plenty of hours before I could talk even a little, which was wonderful because I had a million visitors. Which was nice, but I couldn't really talk. I couldn't talk well until the next morning.
It was all a really lovely experience. Turns out that I don't, at least for the moment, have to get my tonsils removed. Which is good because apparently its not as easy when your older. Ah but I will tell you if I ever get this tonsillitis again they are going to have to go. Because this shit sucked. And I can't go back to work till Monday, so I'm bored, but too tired to really do anything. Anyways just another few days in the life of me.

No comments: