Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Story of my life

Ok so a few days ago I thought it might be a good idea to get the mail. This is not something I do very often because really its at the back of my apartment and I rarely ever get fun mail, and seriously who really likes to open bills. Anyways I got the mail, and I opened something that turned out to be a collection agency notice. Now I know what your thinking: if she doesn't open her bills maybe this isn't so odd maybe she doesn't pay them either. I pay all my bills I just do everything online, so the paper statement is just a waste of my time. Ok so back to the story. I open up the bill or notice or whatever the fuck you want to call it and its for (and not I'm not joking here) 8 dollars from the Chicago Sun Times. First off doesn't it cost more to try to collect 8 dollars then the stupid 8 dollars is worth in the first place. Its 8 dollars for gods sake. Second and that which I suppose is the more important point, I never signed up to receive the Chicago Sun Times cause I kind of think its a crappy new paper. That and I really don't read the newspaper.

So here's what happened. I was sitting at home minding my own business watching the TV or some such shit, someone came to my door. I got up an answered my door, only because my you can see right into my living room so its hard to pretend that your not there. I knew it wasn't someone I knew because my friends all have keys. Ok so its a guy from the American Heart association, looking for donations. Normally I would just say no, but for some retarded reason I gave the guy ten dollars. Apparently for this donation I was suppose to receive the Chicago Sun Times on Sunday for like a month or something as a FREE trial. I never actually received this free paper mind you. Never got a one. I didn't sign anything either, but I was given a donation receipt. So a few months later someone calls me from the Sun Times seeing how I was enjoying the Sunday paper. I told him I was not enjoying anything at all because I never actually got the paper. I believe his words were something like "oh really" and then bye.

A few weeks later I received something from the Sun Times which needless to say I threw out. I kept receiving them though so eventually I opened one, and it was a bill for like 2 dollars. Which I then proceeded to throw away because I already talked to the guy and told him I never got the paper, and we all know that I really don't like to call people. So imagine my surprise when I got this collection agency notice in the mail. Now I have to tell them my side of the story in writing. All this for 8 damn dollars which I'm not going to pay on principal. This is just stupid. Who does this happen to. Moral of this very ridiculous story don't donate money to people.

No comments: